The course aims to provide an introduction to some methods that can be used to investigate certain substructures of finite projective spaces and finite classical polar spaces. Below are the subjects of the course:
- Basic concepts: finite fields, permutation groups, tactical configurations, strongly regular graphs.
- Finite projective spaces, reflexive sesquilinear forms.
- Finite classical polar spaces and the structure of their automorphism group.
- The point graph of a polar space, intriguing sets of finite classical polar spaces.
- Elliptic quadrics and their m-ovoids.